How to connect two jira instances for sync issues between them.

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2012

How to connect two jira instances for sync issues between them? When issue create in instance 1 it should be automatically sync with instance 2.

4 answers

3 votes
Łukasz Krupa August 28, 2019

Hi, 

I'm from Deviniti team. 

You can use existing solution to synchronize multiple Jira instances like IssueSYNC. It works for:
- cloud
- server
- data center deployments and supports different Jira version 6, 7, 8 and Jira editions
- Core
- Software
- Service Desk.

You setup whole integration via UI and you can let your project administrator's to setup/tune own synchronization for remote Jira connections prepared by sys admin before.

If you have questions, please contact us.

Cheers,
Łukasz

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2012
0 votes
Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2012

Any one knows how to use SOAP based sollution or REST based sollution for sove my problem? I found some detail on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Creating+a+SOAP+Client. Any more information SOAP or REST API?

0 votes
Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I need more details for sync jira instances. I'm new to jira. Is it possible to sync two jira using REST api or "Application link" in jira Administration pannel?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2012

As discussed in that thread an OOTB solution from Jira is not there for sync between instances. You can ofcourse use the REST or SOAP API and write a program and sync between the instances. But probably the Jira CLI based solution may be easiest.

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2012

What do you think "Application link" option in jira administration pannel. Is it possible to use for sync jira instances?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2012

The bundled one is is meant for connecting different products, Jira, Confluence, Fisheye. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Application+Links+Documentation

And I guess the purpose is to access the data of one product from another, not to copy and store the data locally for synchronization.

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2012

Thnks Renjith, I'll try with CLI based solution. Does any one try sync using CLI based solution?

Suggest an answer