Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change style sheets (.CSS)

John Simonson February 22, 2012

The Fix Version drop-down select box is only 250px wide, whereas the edit field is 500px. As you can see, some of our Version names are so long that they cannot be distinguished within the narrow select box.

Is there a way to change the style sheet so that the width of the select box corresponds to the text field?

I believe that this could be changed in a "batch.css" file, but I cannot locate this on our deployment. I assume it is in a source file someplace - is there a way to get access to it there?

ciao - John

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2012

The batch.css is generated on the fly. If you can figure out the css tags you want to use, you can then modify one of the *.css files in the ui directory. The upgrade process will detect that the *.css is modified to remind you that you need to continue to modify the code on each upgrade. The *_min.css files are the files that get concatenated but you should modify both forms to keep things consistent.

Just make sure the file you modified was in the batch.css file.

I believe I modified filenames something like au_override*.css awhile ago to allow checkboxes and radio buttons to go across instead of down.

If I remember correctly you will need to stop and start Jira to get the batch file recreated.

0 votes
Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2012

Hi John,

In JIRA 4.4 we've greatly improved the rendering for that field. I'd recommend upgrading but if you can't the easiest way to make some subtle CSS changes is to add an html style block to the Announcement Banner.

Cheers,

Sean

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events