Email - JIRA not sending email when trying to test email

hasina siddique February 16, 2012

Hi

We're using the hosted version of JIRA.

I'm trying to set-up the email notifications for when Issues/Bugs have been assigned to an individual/group.

In order to do this, I tried to check if email's were going through, but everytime I test, the JIRA says that an email has been sent, but no emails are getting through.

Once, emails are successfully being transmitted, could you point me in the right direction so that I can identify how I can set it up so that if we assign an Issues/Bug to a User, an email get's automatically triggered.

Thank you in advance,

Hasina.

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
hasina siddique March 4, 2012

The default notification scheme needed to be set for each project. JIRA did not set it automatically for each project. This needs to be done on an individual basis, for each project.

0 votes
Omid H_ April 29, 2020

No we have the same issue. Accidentally it happen in Jira 8.5.3. 

0 votes
Abraham Olamipo June 21, 2019

I had a similar issue and this worked for me:

1.  Click on the settings icon on your menu bar (Jira Administration)

2. Click on System

3. On the left-side menu, scroll down to MAIL, click on Outgoing Mail

4. You'll see some Admin details, under OPERATIONS, click Send a Test Email

5. Fill in the required email and click Send

If there's any problem, you'll get an error log showing the cause, else you'll receive the test email.

Omid H_ April 29, 2020

I received the test email, but not with the standard notification

0 votes
2x Official September 11, 2018

Any one have a actual solution?
All customers are not reeving notification mail.
Kindly provide your mail ID also if you have a proper solution.
I have tried many things.

Omid H_ April 29, 2020

How you fix it?

0 votes
Javier Ortiz Bultron June 8, 2012

I had the same issue and noticed that the projects by default have the notification scheme as none. Change it to default to make it work.

Administration>Project>Notifications>Actions

0 votes
Sachin Ambulkar May 21, 2012

Hi ,

Can you check in your profile if you have set do not notify me by chance.

Thanks

Sachin

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

I'm not using hosted service, but I believe that "send e-mail automatically to assigned user" is on by default?

I;m having a look to see where that setting is, but I am new to JIRA and am struggling.

Where will I find the settings for "send e-mail automatically to assigned use"?

I'll try that out. Thanks

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

What I meant was that this typically is in place in Jira by default. In other words - out of the box.

As I said - I do now know the hosted version - but do you have any possibility to set the notification scheme for your project?

Suggest an answer