Hide Custom Fields for praticular group.

Dylan February 16, 2012

Hello,

Is there a way to customize the display of custom fields in terms of specific jira group?

For example, what I would like to achieve is: Field "A" appears in the screen "Create new issue" for particular jira group, but it has to be hidden for users that aren't in that group?

Could you please tell me how to accomplish this?

Regards,

Dylan

11 answers

4 votes
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

Hi Gabriel,

yes, this is indeed compatible with JIRA 5.1. You might need to tweak the script a bit in order to apply to your fields and users.

Cheers, David

GabrielM February 12, 2014

David, I am having a little trouble on installing this plug-in.

Can you give me a piece of help? is there any Install doc?

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

Hi Gabriel,

Installation (of the Plugin) is easy, you can just download it from the Atlassian Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.communardo.atlassian.plugins.cute).

A basic outline on how to activate extension can be found here: https://support.communardo.de/display/cute/Administrator+Guide#AdministratorGuideRelease0.9and1.0-Theming

If you'r still having troubles please feel free to just contact our support: https://support.communardo.de/display/cute/Support+Center

Cheers, David

Franz Reichard _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2020

Hello,

as we moved our documentation the Administrator's guide can be found here now.

If you have further questions or support requests you can always contact our support.

Kind regards

Franz
Communardo Support

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2012

For info on why Atlassian doesn't do it, and hence why the plugin was written, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/jra-1330

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2014

Hi Dylan,

You can use JJupin Live Fields feature to hide some customfields based on some particular conditions. userInRole and userInGroup routines will help you in your case.

Additional info: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/Live+Fields

Best regards,

Silviu

0 votes
GabrielM February 9, 2014

David, good morning

is this add-on compatible with JIRA v5.1.4#783?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

@ Simon unfortunately this is not available on OnDemand due to technichal limitations of the plattform and the architecture of the plugin.

0 votes
Sam Lowry November 14, 2013

Hello David,

does your plugin work on a JIRA OnDemand ?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

guys, if anyone is still looking for a solution: we described a pretty low level (i.e. soft-hiding, on the client side) approach to this issue here. Please feel free to look onto this and come back at me in any case of questions.

Disclaimer: this solution requires a small plugin of which we are the developers. Better be honest upfront ;)

0 votes
Maggie Zhou April 27, 2013

Hi All,

I have tried the method which Vasily Ivanov provided in our Jira system with version Atlassian JIRA (v4.1.1#522), but it does not work. Could you please point out the reason to me? And whether it is due to the low Jira version?

Thanks & Regards,
Maggie

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

Hi

Is it safe to use this JQuery technique in JIRA5

Thanks

Abe

0 votes
Sergey Papurin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

You can use jquery and hide fields after validation:

#if ($authcontext.user.inGroup('jira-hideto-group'))
<script language="JavaScript">
jQuery('#customfield_10000').parent().hide();
</script>
#end

Suggest an answer