How can I reset my OnDemand JIRA instance so I can start from scratch?

John Macleod February 14, 2012

Changes have been made to a large number of issue types, fields etc. during a proof-of-concept and I'm not happy with them... I'd like to start again. Is there an easy way to just wipe everything and get back to a factory-fresh default setup?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

No problem - just open a support request (as we have to do it for you on OnDemand). Two things for the request: (1) please confirm in the ticket that you know you are losing ALL data in the instance and (2) if you want it done as soon as possible or have a maintenance window. We will fully wipe it out and you will have a new stock instance.

Perfect - thanks Nik. I'll do that.

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2014

Hi, just wanted to clarify another requirement. The request must originate from a billing or technical contact associated with the account. Contacts are set in my.atlassian.com.

Here is the KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/How+to+reset+OnDemand+instance+to+the+original+default+settings+including+removal+of+all+data

Cheers,
Paul

0 votes
menno July 20, 2015

thank you. just sent my reset request.

0 votes
MBM-Agency November 27, 2013

I want to reset my Jira OnDemand Account, too, but i cannot find any link to open a support request.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

If you don't want to retain any additional plugins you installed, custom fields you created, then the best is to re-install Jira and register the new server id with your atlassian account for the license.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

Oh!! I too missed the OnDemand tag on the question.

Thanks Renjith - I'm using OnDemand, sorry for not being clear.

Suggest an answer