Can I add the "Add Screenshot" option to a screen?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

Once you have created an issue, you have the ability to "attach screenshot" which is different from adding an attachment. It provides a very easy to use interface for pasting in and thereby attaching a screenshot. I'm wondering if this is something I can add to the "create" screen for an issue. I've atted the "Attachment" field, but I don't see anything like a "Screenshot" field that can be added. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

Attach Screenshot is an issue operation and not a field. The screenshots are ultimately added as attachments. The operations is just to give more power to the users - top copy-paste for example.

Attachment, on the other hand, is a field and hence it can be added on the screens.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2012

so, in short, no, i can't add this "operation" to a screen, is that correct?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2012

Yup, no is the answer.

Suggest an answer