java -Djira.jelly.on=true ... where to paste it in bin to enable my jelly ?

vishwash kumar February 2, 2012

i am not able to access, i can use jira at local host just by going to itsURL. i need top enable jelly in jira. how can i do this ?

4 answers

0 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

If you are using Linux system, you have to edit 'setenv.sh' and put:

JVM_REQUIRED_ARGS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Djira.jelly.on=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true"

Hope it helps,

Daniel

0 votes
Tamir Lavi May 29, 2013

Even better solution:

run (5.2 ver.)

tomcat7 //US//service_name ++JvmOptions="-Djira.jelly.on=true"

Or (for 5.0 and lower)

tomcat6 //US//service_name ++JvmOptions="-Djira.jelly.on=true"

Where service_name is the service code e.g.: <tt>JIRA060611143045</tt>

0 votes
Tamir Lavi May 29, 2013

For anyone (like me) that ever come accross that post.

There are several ways to do that.

Here is one:

Identify the name of the service that JIRA is installed as in Windows (<tt>Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services</tt> ):

Find the JIRA service and double click to open the dialog box. The look for theSERVICENAME e.g.: <tt>JIRA060611143045</tt>

Close this dialog

Open a command window, and <tt>cd</tt> to the <tt>bin</tt> directory of the JIRA instance

Run: <tt>tomcat6w //ES//%SERVICENAME%</tt>. e.g.
tomcat6w //ES//JIRA060611143045

Click on the Java tab to see the list of current start-up options:

Append any new option on its own new line by adding to the end of the existing Java Options.

-Djira.jelly.on=true

Then close and restart the JIRA service. Jelly should now be enabled

Originaly from https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/1843/jelly-runner

You can also add that line (in seperate line):

-Djira.jelly.on=true

To the to Java options in the service registry, if you know how.

Tamir.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2012

are you running jelly as a windows service (there are different instructions). Failing that, check the JVM argument is visible through your JRIA admin console?

vishwash kumar February 2, 2012

i have installed jira bon my system. i m moving to program files->atlassian >jira > bin and modifying this document "setenv" by pasting it java (-Djira.jelly.on=true ). and restrated jira ...but i was not able to enable jelly runner

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2012

You dont answer eitehr of the points I raise?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events