how to give access to one user to just one issue

Jolanta Burzyńska August 31, 2014

There is a project to which User1 has no acces.

There is one issue in this project to which User1 should have access.

I have created additional security level called Special.

User1 is added to security level Special.

Issue is asigned to security level Special.

I can't add USer to watchers of that issue.

I appreciate advice where is ithe problem.

Regards

rafal

2 answers

0 votes
Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

You can use Issue Security Schemes as well if same is required on large scale

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2014

It's useless adding watchers who can't see an issue. If only User1 can see it, and USer can't, then USer is never going to get emails about it, so there's no point adding them as a watcher.

Jolanta Burzyńska August 31, 2014

It's my mistyping - it should be "I can't add User1 to watchers of that issue."

I got error message saying 'User1 has no access rights to watch this issue".

Sorry.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2014

Ah, ok. Well, it's still the same principle.

Check that user1 has the right to browse issues in the project and that they are definitely indicated in the security level (I suspect you've got that bit right already)

Jolanta Burzyńska September 3, 2014

User1 has not right to browse all issues in that project and that is the case. I want him to browse just an individual issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2014

Again, you need to let them see the issues in the project. If they do not have the permission to see the issues in the project then, well, um, they cannot see the issues.

After you've let them see the issues, you then need to restrict them from seeing others. That's what the security levels are for - you need to set security on everything you don't want them to see.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

I would say, User1 needs access to the project. But the whole project should be associated by default to a security-level Normal, where User1 is not member of. For that issue, which the user should be able to see, the security-level Special would be used.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2014

Yes, that's what I said - the user has to be able to see the project.

Then you use security levels to hide the stuff you don't want them to see.

Jolanta Burzyńska September 8, 2014

Now I got it. I Have it tested and it works. Thanks guys.

Suggest an answer