pulling data according to tags

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

I have commited to repository 3 times and each time attached new tag to each commit like version 1, version 2, version 3.

If I delete data from my local repository can I pull data from hosted server like Stash based on version 2 or other ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

Hi Rahul,

Yes you can, deleting branches or tags locally does not effect data on the server, unless you explicity delete it from the server using git push <remote> :<tag or branch>. Even if you delete a tag on the server the data it referenced will be kept in the repository for at least thirty days (by default, see the documentation on gc.reflogExpireUnreachable for more details).

To re-checkout a tag that you've deleted locally, you can just run git pull to re-retrieve the tag and git checkout <tag> to check it out again.

cheers,

Tim

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your guidience.

could you please tell how it can be achived via Sourcetree

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

Once you clone the repository, the tags show up in the Tags section (between the Branches and the Remotes) and you can simply double-click them to check out the tagged commit.

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

I have performed same steps but it has given me an error

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

What does the error message say?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events