Task Management in Confluence

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

I am looking for some ways to replace TaskDoc functionality in Confluence.

I tried tasklist macro but this is too basic. There is Adhoc workflow but this beyond task management.

I need a way to assign tasks within pages and manage assignees, due dates, etc. in a centralized fashion.

Thank you,

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Philipp Klauser January 25, 2012

Hi Adolfo

I would recommend using:

Note that the Tasklist Supplier Plugin is not compatible with Confluence 4 / 4.1 but it's easy to fix.
If you want I can mail you a fixed version (compiled jar file) of the Tasklist Supplier Plugin...

The Reporting Plugin is also not marked compatible with Confluence 4 / 4.1 but: It just works...

Finally you can make neat reports of all tasks assigned to you (in all tasklists all over the wiki...) just like:

{report-table:injected=true}
{expanding-reporter:tasklist:@all|as=task}
  {content-reporter:space=@global|types=page}
  {content-reporter}
  {date-sort:task:created date}
  {boolean-filter:task:is completed|value=false}
  {boolean-filter:task:is assignee @self|value=true}
{expanding-reporter}
{report-column:title=My Tasks}%expanded:task > task:name%
{report-info:expanded:item|link=true}{report-column}
{report-column:title=Priority}%expanded:task > task:priority%{report-column}
{report-column:title=Created}%expanded:task > task:created date > d.MM.yyyy%{report-column}
{report-empty}_No personal, open Tasks existing._{report-empty}
{report-table}

Of course you can make various other reports too...

I hope this helps and perhabs you like to try it out...

Cheers, Philipp

Philipp Klauser January 25, 2012

I just mailed it to your gmail address.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

I will give a try. I am with v 3.5 now, but plannning to move to 4.X soon. I'd appreciate if you can email me that jar.

Thank you.

Jean Duraan February 9, 2012

Hi,

I would be very grateful if you could mail me the jar as well?

Thank You.

Philipp Klauser February 14, 2012

Cant't guess your email address.

If you would like to have the jar file please email me (philipp dot klauser at bitvoodoo dot ch).

Thanks, Philpp

Philipp Klauser February 15, 2012

There are quite some people interested in this patched "Tasklist Supplier Plugin" as I notice.

Therefore I provide the Plugin under this Link:

http://www.bitvoodoo.ch/pages/tasklist-suppliers-plugin-confluence4.html

I hope this helps implementing Task Management in Confluence!

Cheers,

Philipp

0 votes
Victoria Gorobets September 12, 2013

Hi Guys,

Could you please advice how to change default fields (for example, 'Priority', 'Assign to' etc) to other ones?

Is it possible to delete them at all and add new ones?

Thanks,

Victoria

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2012

It's about people working on pages (i.e. editing, commenting). Taskdoc was perfect fit for this, but unfortunately it was discontinued last year.

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2012

Are you trying to due this in regards to people working on pages, e.g. create page, review page workflowish, or are you more into issue-management like @Thomas mentions?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2012

Hi Adolfo,

why don't you use Jira ?

Assigning tasks, manage assignees, due dates... looks like Jira ;-)

Best regards

Thomas

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2012

I know that Jira and Confluence integrate very well now, but We would like to keep it under the context of Confluence only.

RIsk January 25, 2012

Do you find non-technical staff receptive to JIRA? It seems a bit geeky and more of a tool for software developers than general business users!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events