Team Calendars - How can I configure the calendar to have Sunday as first day of the week?

Fabian Lopez January 25, 2012

I need to configure Team Calendars in confluence to have Sunday as first day of the week. I have Monday now

Thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

HI,

this is documented in the Team Calendar FAQs... and in the release notes of version 1.2

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+FAQ#TeamCalendarsFAQ-CanIchangethestartingdayoftheweek

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+1.2+Release+Notes

Can I change the starting day of the week?
The Team Calendars follows per user language preferences to decide which day is at the start of the week. For example, if you want to make the start of the week to Sunday (US Calendar), you would need to install the US Language pack and edit your Confluence user preferences to choose US English. To do this, click User name > Settings > Edit > Language and then choose US English.
The Confluence default is to Automatically detect browser settings.

Cheers

Christian

StephanieC March 14, 2016

For some reason, I dont have US English as a choice.... Only UK English, which starts our day on Monday, which is driving us nuts. 

3 votes
Michael_Coxe January 27, 2016

By far, most of our Confluence accounts are US folks, so we definitely prefer that the DEFAULT start of the week for Team Calendars is Sunday, not Monday. But we don't want to force it by setting First day of week in Team Calendars administration.

The Language setting for user accounts defaults to Automatically detect browser setting. So...

1. Installed latest US English language pack plugin (6.0.0-m22-v2r8771-2016-01-15)
  2. In Confluence Configuration -> Languages, set Global Default Language -> English (United States)
  3. Assured my browsers (Firefox & Chrome under Windows 7) had language preference set to English (United States).
  4. Clear browser cookies & cache, then restarted browser.

One would think this would then make new Calendars default to Sunday (US Standard), but newly created calendars still begin with Monday, as do existing calendars.

Is this a bug? Sure looks like a bug. Forcing 1000's of folks manually change their Language setting is unacceptable.

Fyi, I did verify via changing my Settings -> Language to English (United States), both existing & new calendars start on Sunday. So the individual settings workaround does work, just not scalable for 1000's.

Confluence version: 5.9.3

Team Calendars version: 5.3.10

2 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

This is now available in Team Calendar version 2.6:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+2.6+Release+Notes

David Jackson June 29, 2014

This was very helpful! I was going to install a language pack and this is much easier, thanks.

Maloma October 24, 2020

I switched over to US English to get the Sunday-start on my calendar.  However, in Canada we use UK spelling but US calendar Sunday-start...actually, Sunday-start date is not US; it is Christian...those of us who still want to acknowledge the first day of the week as the Lord's Day, prefer a Sunday-start to our calendars.  So, switching to US English gave me the Sunday-start once I reloaded but now it highlights the UK/Canadian spelling, etc. as incorrect, when, in fact, in Canada, they are correct.  Perhaps Language and Calendar Start-Date could be separated on your end, Atlassian, so that we don't have to lose one feature to get another.  Thanks for all your hard work!  M <><.

0 votes
Martin Andersson July 5, 2019

I don't understand why the Language is used. Why not user the locale instead? I have language set to US English but the Locale is NL.

Martin Andersson July 5, 2019

it seems absurd to have to change language just to have the week start correctly or have to change it for all calendars... :-(

Terri Lackey May 1, 2020

It doesn't work anyway. I have changed back and forth from U.S. to British just to get the first day of the week set at Sunday, and nothing works. It's driving me batty!!!!!

Like Stephanie O'Neill likes this
Terri Lackey May 5, 2020

I found out how to change Trello calendar to Sunday! Hurray!

Sign in through Atlassian, and go to the link below. Then change language to English. It used to work through browser. But apparently that changed.

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences

0 votes
Greg Carpenter September 18, 2017

That's an improvement but here we believe people deserve weekends.  If they want to spend weekends working, that's fine, but we don't let anyone schedule weekend meetings. 

I want to configure a"work week" not just the start of a seven day week.

Gail Welch December 12, 2017

same here - need to be able to BY PROJECT or USER configure the calendars not GLOBALLY as each team is different around the globe for us. Also would like to be able to remove week number as this take up real estate. So - options to -

1. remove week number,
  2. display or not weekends,
  3. select start day of work week.

This is for both the calendar macro and the calendar page.

Like Catherine Bray likes this
0 votes
Steven Wolff March 9, 2012

I don't have any US English option nor do I have an upload option in Admin/Plugins to upload the language pack.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events