Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there or will there be a Linux Elastic Image with the MySql capabilty ?

Jean-Sebastien (GA) June 20, 2014

If I want to set up a build job that run tests using the PHPUnit task, and if those tests include mysql database tests, I need a MySql capability, needn't I ? But it still not in the list of provided capabilitties of default linux images.

regards,

Jess

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

We will not distribute an image with MySQL, that would be too specific. You can easily install MySQL via yum or apt-get using an instance setup script (located at image configuration screen).

Jean-Sebastien (GA) June 22, 2014

sounds perfect ! :)

0 votes
Jean-Sebastien (GA) June 23, 2014

Hey Fabian, thank you for the idea. I didn' think about this possibilty. :)

I just need some guidelines to understand how to plug my source code I check out in the elastic agent, to this RDS technology.

Meanwhile I will try the "instance setup script" to check that it suits my needs.

regards,

J

0 votes
Fabian Knorr June 23, 2014

Also you can use RDS, which can be configured to act like MySQL.

regards

// Fabian

0 votes
Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014
And you don't need mysql per se. Seems to me is all you need is something that outputs in rsyslog type format, and have elastic search read from that?
Jean-Sebastien (GA) June 22, 2014

sorry Bryan, I'm not sure I got your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events