Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename space

Jeff Smith January 12, 2012

How do you rename a space on the Confluence dashboard? There is a link that discusses exporting a space and cloning a space ( http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Copy+Or+Rename+A+Space ), but I simply want to rename the space name on the global dashboard.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2012

Browse to the space in question, then click on Browse | Space Admin.

Change the space name in the resulting "Edit Space Details" page. The name change will also appear on the dashboard.

Sam Petre February 2, 2019

I'm working on my own cloud instance, and am unable to edit the space name from within Browse | Space Admin > "Edit Space Details".

I see the name, and can enter a description, however, the 'name' field is not available for editing.

I'm the only user of the instance, I confirmed that I'm the site admin...   Thoughts?

Like Deleted user likes this
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

Same thing here on 6.15 - seems like a Space Admin is not allowed to change name of Space.

Like Maximilian Müller likes this
Maximilian Müller March 15, 2020

Same here

pdiogo April 16, 2020

It looks like this option is hidden for the first created space only. For other spaces I create, there is an option to change the name and delete it...
Isn't there really a way to rename / delete the first created space?!

Like kmathiaBB likes this
3 votes
John Clarke May 9, 2016

for the cloud version: this is now :

click the name of space to browse to it.

at the bottom of the left hand side-bar click "Space Tools"

then click "configure sidebar"

The space name now has a pen icon to it's right, click it to edit the space name, upload image etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events