After an upgrade to Jira 6.2.3 (Jira Agile 6.3.12) agile gadgets are no longer available on the dashboard

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

(atlassian-jira_after_restart.log)

We recently upgraded Jira and Jira Agile. After the upgrade, Jira agile gadgets on the dashboard are no longer available. The following warning can be found in the logs:

/secure/Dashboard.jspa [gadgets.renderer.internal.GadgetSpecFactoryImpl] Error occurred while retrieving gadget spec for rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:greenhopper-gadget-sprint-burndown/gadgets/greenhopper-sprint-burndown.xml

The following is seen in the UI:

Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:greenhopper-gadget-project-dashboard/gadgets/greenhopper-project-dashboard.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 404

System as been re-indexed and restarted.

I have raised an issue with Atlassian support - but I'm trying out here as well.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2014

Hello Ivar,

I believe you are facing the problem described on this bug:

Below you can see the same SQL query from one of our test instances affected by the same issue. Note that we have one extra line, which is exactly the one mentioned in the Bug above:

After test the suggested workaround in the bug, everything seems to be working here, but I strongly suggest you to create a test instance for that, since we will modify the database directly. Also, database modifications need to be done with JIRA down, so a test instance will be easier for that, right?

Basically, you need to run the following queries in your JIRA database:

INSERT INTO propertyentry 
VALUES      ((SELECT seq_id 
              FROM   sequence_value_item 
              WHERE  seq_name = 'OSPropertyEntry'), 
             'GreenHopper.properties', 
             'GreenHopper.JIRA60.Version.Migration', 
             1); 

INSERT INTO propertynumber 
VALUES      ((SELECT seq_id 
               WHERE  seq_name = 'OSPropertyEntry'), 
			              1); 

UPDATE sequence_value_item 
SET    seq_id = (SELECT seq_id 
               WHERE  seq_name = 'OSPropertyEntry') 
			                 + 10 
WHERE  seq_name = 'OSPropertyEntry';

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

Thank you @Pedro; I got this information from the first Hercules report (before the restart of the server and cleaning the logs) as well. However, I disregarded it due to this comment: "If this returns more than 5k records you may be affected by this bug".

We have 212 fixVersions, not > 5K.

The bug is also reported for 6.0?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2014

We tried on the test-db now. Agile gadgets appeared afterwards. Preparing prod installation now.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2014

Problem solved.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2014

What versions did you upgrade from?

Also, does the log contain more details? Just after the first one you've got there?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2014

@Nic, we upgraded from 5.2.11.

There is very little in the logs - Hercules had no suggestions. A lot of warnings related to the same gadget and other Jira Agile gadgets.

There is one error:

[sal.core.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleManager] Unable to start component: $Proxy530

Suggest an answer