Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence not opening port 8443

Karsten Hilgers April 23, 2014

I just tried setting up HTTPS for my Confluence but it didn't work at all. After restarting the Confluence service "nmap -sT -O localhost" just shows me port 8090 but not 8443. I followed the instructions on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+Over+SSL+or+HTTPS. Regular

What do I have to do to open port 8443 on localhost?

THX BKS

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

Please check if you don't have firewall or selinux enabled. Check if port 8443 is open by netstat.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

And check if you uncommented this section: (<Connector port="8443"...)

Karsten Hilgers April 23, 2014

The connector is uncommented as it should be and I restarted the confluence service properly after editing the server.xml file. Here are the contents of my server.xml file ([PASSWORD] acts as a placeholder, on my server I entered the correct password).

&lt;Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
           maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
           enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
           acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
           clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" SSLEnabled="true"
           URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="[PASSWORD]"
           keystoreFile="/home/confluence1/.keystore"/&gt;

SElinux is set to SELINUX=enforcing and SELINUXTYPE=targeted. Is this correct?

"netstat -anp | grep 8443" gives me nothing. :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

The netstat is telling you there's nothing listening on that port. Your connector config looks ok, so the logical conclusion is that Confluence isn't started.

What do the Confluence application and the catalina.out logs say?

Karsten Hilgers April 24, 2014

"so the logical conclusion is that Confluence isn't started."

Nope, my Confluence is running properly. There is a process running and I can access my Confluence via browser - so it's there! ;) But only on port 8090.

I found the problem: I have to mention that I reinstalled Confluence porting it from the embedded database to a PostgreSQL database. There are two installation paths, one "/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/" and another to "/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence_postgresql/". My Confluence is using the PostgreSQL Database (I checked it at the Confluence system information page) so it uses the postgresql-path as installation path.

BUT I had a little typo during the installation and I assumed my Confluence configruation path as "/opt/atlassian/confluence" but it is named "/opft/atlassian/confluence_postgresql". Now after editing the correct server.xml nmap shows me that there is something listening on 8443. :)

Thanks for your help and sorry for causing any inconvenience or confusion! (However, I cannot access my Confluence via browser on port 8443 but I assume that there is some work to do with the firewall.)

0 votes
Karla Bernal June 15, 2015

Hi!

I have the same problem, the 443 port is open in my amazon vm but nothing, my JIRA is not loading!

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events