How Do I Get An Eval License for JIRA 3.x?

Aaron Hurley January 8, 2012

I don't see an option to downgrade a 4.x license

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eric S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2012

Hi Aaron,

We're removed the abiltity to generate JIRA 3.x evaluation licenses through my.atlassian.com. If you email sales@atlassian.com with your account username someone on our customer advocate team can add one to your account.

If you have an existing commercial license and need to downgrade it, you must be a listed technical or billing contact on the license. Secondly, if you are a contact, you must have a Server ID associated with the license to that ithe key is visible.

Once you 've assocated a Server ID with a JIRA license you'll see the below message:

This license is compatible with JIRA 4 or above and includes Unlimited users. If you are using an older version of JIRA, you can generate a compatible license key.

When you click "generate a compatible license", you'll be prompted with the option to generate a 3.x key.

Feel free to shoot us an email, sales@atlassian.com, if you need further assistance.

Eric Snyder

Atlassian

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2012

Thats's so smart, I bet someone from sales is working during the Easter weekend :p

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2012

when you are in your my.atlassian.com account, and viewing your license. Right below it should be a link to "generate a compability license".

Aaron Hurley January 8, 2012

I don't see that link anywhere. When I view the eval license the available actions are Buy or Download JIRA

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events