JIRA issue excel import - External User

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2012

Hi

I know the process where by we can import issues from excel into JIRA by going through import excel from admin panel.

I have users who have excel files with issues, is there a way they can upload excel file and it gets imported to JIRA as issues.

Please let me know.

Abraham

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface allows you to import CSV (Excel) into projects. See How to import data from external systems or databases and release notes. This is useful for bulk loading of a number of issues documented in a speadsheet for some other process reason. In our case it is testcase definitions where it is convenient to get them all ready at once, then when work is complete load them into JIRA. You don't need to be an administrator to do this. In our case, we have Confluence, we so it was easy to wrap the CLI function onto a more easy to use page with a button to upload using the Run Plugin

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2013
1 vote
Janos Biro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2015

Hi guys,

With JExcel  you can import issues from Excel using the usual Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.moresimp.jexcel

I hope it helped,

Regards,

Janos

0 votes
Victor Hsu January 24, 2013

Can JIRA CLI import the CreateDate, ResolutionDate, UpdateDate information ?

The use case is I have several product lab tests and each lab has its own issue report.

I hope to keep all the original date information to have a unique report. Is it possible to use JIRA CLI runFromCSV to keep the source date information?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

No. JIRA does not allow creation/resolution/update date to be changed. They are set by JIRA. It is a royal pain for situations like this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events