Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change on on demand site landing page to a wiki

Ben Gidley December 21, 2011

Can I change on on demand site landing page to a wiki as opposed to using JIRA. Most our users just want the wiki and only a few want JIRA so I really want them to land in confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Gidley January 5, 2012

I came to the conclusion what I wanted to do is not possible. Instead I have created a JIRA dashboard that users the Confluence Portlet to show the confluence home page.

To get the confluence portlet available you have to raise a support ticket.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2011

If you remove application access to JIRA for the users who will only be using Confluence, they will automatically be taken to Confluence upon logging in.

Ben Gidley December 22, 2011

Unfortunatly (in the intestest of openess) we want them to be able to access JIRA but expect them to mostly ue conflucene so this solution wouldn't work.

Mattias Ohlsson March 25, 2012

Hi,

I fully agree!

I think it is crucial for the on-demand service that your'e able to choose if you want to have wiki as the first page you come to when typing in the hosting url...

Hopefully it Shouldn't be a big problem to implement?

//Mattias

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

We are experiencing the same issue. More than half of our projects primarily use the wiki, and the engineering/product projects primarily use the issues.

It would be very helpful if we could configure the landing page when selecting a project to minimize the confusion that our users have.

Juri_Reinsalu March 5, 2014

This

>>"If you remove application access to JIRA for the users who will only be using Confluence, they will automatically be taken to Confluence upon logging in."

was exactly how it worked for us until 17.Feb. 2014. That monday, something happened with onDemand (probably Atlassian made an update or something), and what our users started to see is this:

jira-no-rights

now each time a user loggs in he/she has to click the top left corner and select Confluence from there :(

Note, do not be fooled by the "Log In" in the top right - the user is already logged in. Otherwise he/she would not see this screen, when switching Confluence (from applications link icon in top left) the "Log In" is replaced with avatar and stuff.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events