Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With the "improved" User Management in JIRA - how do I find out when the last time a user logged in?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2014

Because that data isn't shown at all any more.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2014
2 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

In Confluence you can view this in the user details

In JIRA open Administration > User Management, there you can see the last login and the number of total logins:

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

Steve, Bob is correct - this is a "feature" of the new OnDemand user management for both JIRA and Confluence.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

For Cloud (OnDemand) users, there is now a new capability in the JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) (you will need release 4.0 or higher) to list a bunch more information. I use it on my site for user management.

-a getUserList --group jira-users --outputFormat 999 --file userList.csv --dateFormat yyyy-MM-dd

Then you can display it in Confluence with CSV macro which enables column sorting. Use parameters like:

script=^userList.csv
autoNumber=true
columns=user, name, active, last authenticated, last password changed, invalid password attempts

0 votes
Timothy Collins July 30, 2014

I would very much like to have the old functionality back somehow. I need to know how much use Jira is getting in order to justify continued use of the software. Without the stats, I can't justify the expenditure, and we may have to stop using Jira.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

please check your labels, I'm not sure if you are looking for jira or confluence with that labelling ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events