Page Properties Report Macro not showing all data

Steve Theer January 21, 2014

I am having a strange problem when displaying my page properties report. If I leave the settings blank for "Columns to show" it correctly displays all data. When I try to only display a few of the columns by typing them in - "Current Status, Priority, Time Required, Estimated Completion" not all the the fields are shown for each entry in the table. The Priority column is missing the value on a few entries and then the Estimated Completion column is missing data for all the pages except 1. I am not sure why this is happening since the data is correctly being pulled from the pages when I have it display all columns. Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2014

Hi Steve,

Please log a support issue since I've seen this behaviour before and I'd like to investigate on it.

It looks like sometimes the row names don't match and don't get listed.

I know a temporal workaround that solves it that is copy the content from a Page Properties macro that is working and paste it on the one that is not working and manually changing the values.

Please include this answer on the ticket so I can assist you further.

Cheers,

Mauro

Steve Theer January 22, 2014

Thanks for the info Mauro. I opened a support ticket yesterday as well - JST-86386

1 vote
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2014

We found that the cause is that when manually modifying a Page Properties table, a hidden tag (like <p> or <span>) might be present in the field text, making fields with same text be treated as different. This also makes impossible to list a column by it's name.

The bug report CONF-32367 has all the details about the problem and how to workaround it.

Cheers!

0 votes
LeonM July 8, 2020

Looks like this bug (with hanging tags) is still around. Using Confluence 7.3.1 and ran into this same issue today. Tried deleting Page Property macro rows per the bug report above, but that didn't work. Ended up deleting the macro and copying it in from another page which rendered correctly. Fixed the page data and now all columns display in the report.

Isidore Kounoupas July 17, 2020

Hi, what do you mean by "fixed the page data"? Did you fix the actual page data or the reported data entries?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events