How to Exclude/Filter Out an Author from Recently Updated results.

Richard Boult January 15, 2014

As the "Librarian" for our newish Confluence 5.3.4 Wiki I am constantly tidying up, moving pages, adding/changing navigation bits of pages etc.

Consequenetly, my name swamps the Recently Updated macro results.

Is there any way to exclude a single author from the results, or exclude administrators from results? Any work around suggestions would be appreciated too.

OR

Is there a way to show the last update (or "n" updates) by each user, so at least only one/few of my results shows up.

2 answers

0 votes
Fred Bunting October 28, 2015

Unfortunately, this apparently used to be a feature in the Recently Updated macro, but got dropped along the way. 

There is a JIRA ticket for a feature request to add this back.  I recommend adding your vote to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20956

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

There are two approaches to this that I can think of OTOMH:

SQL

User Macro

I would write a user macro to generate a list of recent updates. The Page object has a getLastModifier() method that you could use: maybe build a List of contributors, and then walk the tree of pages to get a count of pages that the user was the last modifier for. Spit out a table of users and the # of pages they updated, with a link to drill down into which pages the user was the last modifier for.

Not trivial, but not beyond the realm of doing by a moderately good Confluence admin. Get crackin'!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events