Table of Contents Formatting - Wiki

Matt Houstom January 13, 2014

Hello!

I have created a table of contents on multiple pages within my Wiki and i would like to exclude more than one heading within each page. How can i do this?

I have been succesful is excluding one heading, but i am unsure how to exclude more than one. Do i seperate each word that i want to exclude?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2014

Hi Matt,

In Confluence Table of Content Macro, the Exclude Heading allow you to specify the Regex on the Heading you wish to excluded. Using the Regex, you can exclude more than one heading. Here the regex pattern used in the Exclude Heading http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jing Hwa

I still cant seem to figure it out. If I wanted to excude the following two headings: Index and Restricted Pages. How would i type that in?

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2014

Hi Matt,

You can use a regex like this Index|Restricted Pages in your Exclude Heading. Heading with the same title as Index and Restricted Pages will be excluded from your TOC

Cheers,

Jing Hwa

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2014

Hi Matt,

Did you make sure that is no empty space in between the regex?

I tried - still not working. I typed exactly what you wrote above....

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2014

Glad I could help :).

It worked! Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events