Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA, Crucible, and FishEye user management problems

Taylor Watkins December 4, 2013

We are running JIRA, Crucible, and FishEye in our company. We just purchased 10 user licenses for both Crucible and FishEye, and we have an existing 25 user license for JIRA. Prior to purchasing the Crucible and FishEye licenses we were using trial licenses and we had our Crucible server configured to use JIRA for user management and everything worked fine. However, once I entered the new FishEye and Crucible licenses I received the following error message:

You have exceeded the maximum number of users for FishEye.
You have 35 users and your limit is 10.

Our JIRA server has 35 users entered into its system, and has several of them disabled since we want to keep the issues assigned to those users but have no more need for the users beyond that. I can see that all 35 users are listed in the Crucible user management window. After checking FishEye's documentation, the only way to remove a FishEye license is to delete the user. Am I able to delete the user in Crucible without deleting the user in JIRA as well? Or do I have to completely unlink Crucible and JIRA in order for this to work?

1 answer

1 vote
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2013

Hi Taylor,

You can delete the user from FishEye/Crucible without deleting it from JIRA, however the user will be re-added to FishEye/Crucible in the next re-sync with JIRA.

Your best option is to create a new group of users in JIRA side (maybe called fecru-users), assign up to 10 JIRA users with this group and, in FishEye side, go to the Administration panel > Security Settings > Authentication, edit your JIRA/Crowd Authentication, click the Next >> button, and select only the fecru-users group.

I hope this helps!

Clifford Sanders April 9, 2014

We have setup Jira/Crucible like this. But if we remove a user from the fecru-users group this user is still activated in crucible. We have to manually deactivate this user in crucible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events