Custom field do not show in my issue navigator

Olivier Brzozowski December 1, 2011

I am adding custom fields in the default issue navigator configuration page in the administration section, however those custom fields do not show in Jira after setup. What I am doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2011

Custom fields will be shown only if it is available in the context selected. For example, if the custom field is available only on a project and all projects are selected, it won't be shown.

Select a project and issuetype where you know the field is available, refresh the context and see it the field is visible!

Olivier Brzozowski December 2, 2011

Thanks Jobin, can you tell me where I can check the context in which a custom field is available? And how I can add a project for which it should be made available?

Would appreciate your help on that.

Olivier

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2011

The context is selected when actually searching the issues. By context, I mean the projects or issuetypes where the issues are searched.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Searching+for+Issues#SearchingforIssues-SearchingparticularProjectsorIssueTypes

Olivier Brzozowski December 2, 2011

OK, I got it working. Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer