Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is an evaluation period for a trial license?

BrittanyA May 27, 2011

For hosted and installed licenses.

7 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Howdy yall,

Just wanted to update this thread as there have been some slight changes in regards to evaluations of our products from the previous answers.

For Server evaluations:

All server products have an evaluation period of 30 days.  You can extend this evaluation yourself, up to a total of 90 days before you purchase a license. In order to do extend your evaluation for server products

1. Go login to https://my.atlassian.com
  2. Click New Evaluation License to create a new key with an additional 30 days of trial time. Please note that you'll need your Server ID to generate the key. 
  3. Apply this key to your server installation by navigating to Applications > Versions & Licenses.

For Cloud evaluations:

Atlassian Cloud trials can be extended to a total of 37 days - 30 days on top of the initial 7-day trial. To have your Atlassian Cloud trials extended, please Contact our Customer Advocate team with your site URL and we'd be happy to assist.

More info on this topic can be found in the Purchasing & Licensing FAQ.

Cheers,

Andy

7 votes
Jonas Spira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2016

Update 2016:

Atlassian Cloud evaluations last for 7 days, and can be extended to 14 days upon request. 

Server evaluations (hosted on your internal servers) last for 30 days, and can be extended to 90 days upon request. 

Anand P January 19, 2018

After 90 days , It not allows to login.What I have to do for go ahead with jira ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2018

Buy a licence.  Go to my.atlassian.com and look at your evaluation licence, there's a link to purchasing.

Like # people like this
7 votes
BrittanyA May 27, 2011

Evaluation licenses of all Atlassian software is free and lasts 30 days for hosted accounts and 90 days for installed license keys - try it here. You can generate free eval keys for installed licenses in 30 day increments via my.atlassian.com.

Richard Peterson June 3, 2019

Oh!  Thanks Brittany.

This is our first try at Jira Service Desk and I think I want the Elements add-on for the dynamic templates. What do you think?

5 votes
Lourdes
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2016

Please see below for an important update regarding the evaluation policy of Atlassian products.

Server products - You can evaluate a product for 30 days (can be extended to a maximum of 90 days) before purchase, allowing you to see and use Atlassian software before you proceed with a purchase. Atlassian provides a fully functional server version of each Atlassian product for evaluation. What you'll be using during your evaluation is what you'll be getting when you buy.

To generate an evaluation license key, or extend your evaluation, simply log into My Atlassian. From here, click on 'New Evaluation License' and follow the instructions to associate your Server ID. A new evaluation license will be generated that you enter into your server product.

All installed evaluations include access to our technical support resources. Evaluation keys are for the highest user tier available and are compatible across stand-alone product/add-on user tiers and license types.

Atlassian Cloud - Atlassian offers fully functional evaluations of our Cloud products for a period of 7 days (can be extended to a maximum of 14 days). When your evaluation expires, you can continue using Atlassian Cloud by adding a credit card from your My Atlassian account.

Although Atlassian Cloud evaluations include access to Technical Support, please note that we do not provide data backups for Evaluations, only for monthly and annual subscribers.

Atlassian does not offer extensions of Atlassian Cloud evaluations, however, we offer full refunds during the first month of paid service following the end of the evaluation, should you decide Atlassian Cloud isn't for you.  After the first paid month, we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges.

0 votes
Yulia Safi May 13, 2019

Hello dears, about "Atlassian Cloud evaluations last for 7 days" - should I request account deletion upon these 7 days expired? Would they start charging me automatically? Count on your reply, many thanks. BR, Yulia

Lourdes
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2019

Hi Yulia,

Thank you for your interest in Atlassian Cloud.

Atlassian will not charge you for a monthly Cloud subscription at the end of your evaluation period unless you manually add payment details (credit card or PayPal) to the site.

Should you wish to not move forward with a subscription, please follow the instructions below to cancel your evaluation:

1. Log in to your My Atlassian account, the account page will display. Atlassian Cloud will be listed in the Licenses section.
  2. Click the '>' sign for your Atlassian Cloud subscription, your account management screen will display.
  3. Click the 'Cancel Subscription,' or 'Cancel Evaluation," link to request the cancellation of your account.

We hope this helps! Please contact our Customer Advocate team directly if you have additional questions regarding an evaluation, we would be happy to help.

0 votes
Luis Miguel Figueras Lopez May 11, 2018

hi, its possible import with evaluation license??

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2019

Yes.  Eval licenses for Atlassian products provide you a full feature experience during that trial period.

0 votes
Ernest
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2011

You can generate a free 30 day evaluation license for Atlassian's installed product via the "New Evaluation License" link in my.atlassian.com. Please be aware that we only provide evaluation support for 90 days per product.

For Atlassian's hosted products, the evaluation period is 1 month. If you do not cancel your evaluation prior to the expiration of your evaluation period, your credit card (if provided) will be charged for the following month's subscription at the end of your evaluation period. An email warning will be sent approximately 3 days prior to this date. Please be aware that you can only have one active evaluation per hosted product at any one time.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events