Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics with evaluation instance of Confluence 4.0?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2011

I have a downloaded evaluation instance of Confluence 4.0, but I can't test Google Analytics since the test host isn't on the Internet.

I set up an On Demand instance, but I can't see any way to install Google Analytics. The Plugins page has only the Manage Existing and Audit Log tabs.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 20, 2011

At present, this is not possible for Confluence OnDemand customers. Sorry.

For your on premise Confluence, you could just add the tracking javascript and any client browser that has internet access will be tracked. You could also try an on premise web analytics package such as CoreMetrics, Webtrends, Omniture, ComScore, Urchin, Piwik, etc.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2011

Hi Robert

Happy to help you with other managed hosting options so you can get any plugin, if you wish - and also the 24x7 support that is extremely appealing with onDemand.

Contact us at info at appfusions dot com and can review some options w/ you.

Best,

Ellen

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2011

I'm not interested in hosting, I just want to see what kind of reports we'd get with Google Analytics. Out of the box, Confluence seems pretty short on reporting.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 20, 2011

Robert, check the recent Atlassian blogpost Measure Your Wiki’s Activity with Google Analytics for Confluence for the kind of reports you get.

Also, there's a live demo of reporting for an external website here which has very similar reports.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events