Need to create a filter based upon the Project Lead

Jeff White
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2013

At my company, the Project Lead is the ultimate owner of each issue. Is there a way to build a filter that includes this criteria? I don't see Project Lead as a field.

4 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff White
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

on of my guys here figured it out .

OR project IN projectsLeadByUser())

Carmen Cismas April 24, 2018

This worked for me perfect :) Thanks!

אריג' חמדאן March 2, 2019

For me also.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Jason Herz December 31, 2019

thank you! perfect!!!

Srikanth Ganipisetty December 14, 2020

Perfect, thanks! Here is the link for more JQL functions on JIRA.

JQL functions in JIRA 

0 votes
Bob Campbell May 1, 2014

For anyone coming across this thread see also https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-10673

0 votes
Jeff White
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2013

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Where is the JQL Tricks Plug in? Is it available in the On Demand version of JIRA/Tempo?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2013

It is available on marketplace but unfortunately not available for onDemand. I should also say that it is a paid plugin.

Abhijit Mandal December 26, 2013

i am using rest Api and licenced jira,

but not able to get the project for a projectLead.

please help me..

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2013

The JQL Tricks plugin has a projectLead function which can be used to filter issues. For example,

assignee = projectLead("XYZ")

This isn't working, unfortunately. It says the JQL function isn't available

Jason Herz December 14, 2020

I found that projectsLeadByUser() requires either 'currentuser()' or the user GUID not their user ID, ie projectsLeadByUser(559058:d6094997-aa6b-40b3-b25a-50f4c5105988)

I think GUID/ID isn't required, I searched the queries with all of my teammate's usernames just now and it worked, even though they're not current login user.

Open for suggestions :) 

Please refer JQL in JIRA 

Jason Herz December 14, 2020

personally, I was unable to use the usernames and had to open each user's profile to get their unique ID out of the URL. applying that ID gave me precisely what I needed

Like Srikanth Ganipisetty likes this
Srikanth Ganipisetty December 15, 2020

Interesting! Is there a reason that we cannot identify the usernames? Is it something that comes from "Browse users" Global Permissions. It's good to know this trick from you @Jason Hertz 

Suggest an answer