Advertising question [WAS: QandA PRO - autumn sale]

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

We're glad to announce you that QandA PRO has got a 25% discount. Offer is valid until 31/Oct/2013 and does not apply to the 10 users price tier.

To get the discount, access this URL: https://promo.atlassian.com/BZDYLO

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

Ok, I will close this due to the "peer pressure", but I'm still not convinced.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

Don't close it. Atlassian needs to clarify its policy! I created an enhancement request to put back the policy page, so we all know what the policy is (I still do not know what the latest policies are).

It makes perfect sense to 'advertise special deals" or the initial release of a plugin here if and only if it is tied to an Atlassian product. It was not the normal thing to do before.

There are spammers lately interjecting spam into this forum. Without an official usage policy statement, they are NOT doing anything wrong!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

I got some minimal response. If you want to follow Atlassian's response watch the issue below.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1245?jql=project%20%3D%20ANSWERS

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

ok, thanks, but I have no rights on that one. anyway

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

AFAIK, that policy was updated, and such restrictions lifted.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

I am not the negative voter, but I thought about it. There use to be a policy statement where it was not ok, but since I could not find that policy anymore, I did not vote it down.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

I saw a negative vote on this question. For me, this qualifies as polite advertising.

First, I asked if we are allowed: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/218719/plugin-promotions-are-we-allowed-to-announce-them-here-as-well Next, nobody but Jamie bothered to comment on it.

I think the negative votes are a bit unfair. Are we allowed to do it or not ? If not, how on Earth I should announce this to everybody ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events