How to Connect to JIRA Ondemand database from a external application

selva kumar September 16, 2013

How to Connect to JIRA Ondemand database from a external application

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2013

You do not. You can not get database access to Jira OnDemand. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

However, there are other ways to access information in JIRA and you should always go through standard JIRA interfaces for updates. JIRA Command Line Interface is one way and there are other ways as well. It really depends on what you need to do with the data or access.

0 votes
Joe Cross April 9, 2014

I'm trying to rename the "Epic Colour" field to "Epic Color" to deal with an integration issu we're having between two instancees of Jira. That field is locked and the only instructions for unlocking it require DB access.

So if there is no way to get DB access to an OnDemand instance, how does one unlock and change the name of the field?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/How+to+unlock+a+Locked+field

Joe

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2014

You don't.

I think Atlassian OnDemand support might do this sometimes, but you'll need to ask them.

0 votes
selva kumar September 16, 2013

I am using JIRA Ondemand please help me on how to link to JIRA ondemand database

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2013
Will you PLEASE read the answers you are being given. Repeating a question is pointless, especially when you have already been given the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events