How to export morethan 1000 issues in JIRA ondemand

selva kumar September 15, 2013

How to export morethan 1000 issues in JIRA ondemand

5 answers

2 votes
selva kumar September 16, 2013

I am trying to connect the Ondemand JIRA database but i dont know how to connect to Ondemand JIRA database

I want the 5000 issues data to do my work with that issues otherwise there has any possibilties to connect to JIRA ondemand database.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2013

Please stop asking the same question repeatedly. It does not change the answer.

Again, you will not get access to an OnDemand database.

0 votes
Paul Dillon March 30, 2014

My 2 cents - I don't think that the pertinent issue is why Selva wants to do this - it is a reasonable thing to want to do and I think that there is a way:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/220391/how-do-i-increase-the-number-of-rows-on-the-export-to-excel-currently-it-only-exports-1-000-rows and look at what Ricardo has written.

I would caution against making it available to all users because of the potential impact. If you 'google' around I think that there is a way of limiting the ability to do this to members of a specific group.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013
0 votes

while going by these steps administration->issues->statuses to add linked status in workflow i am getting following error

We had some technical problems during your last operation.
We deeply apologize for that :(

How can i get the statuses page as before...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2013

You can't - it's locked down to prevent you from overloading your system.

You can ask Atlassian for a full backup with everything in it, but that can take time and they won't do it frequently.

You might be a lot better off asking why you are exporting issues and fixing the problem at a business level.

We need access to the Export 5000 issues all data for our analytical purpose.

Please let me know how to get the access to export 10000 issues at a time.

Please let me know how to connect to JIRA Ondemand database

Sorry please ignore above question my question is Here

We need access to the Export 5000 issues all data for our analytical purpose.

Please let me know how to get the access to export 50000 issues at a time.

Please let me know how to connect to JIRA Ondemand database

Ok may i have any possibulities download the backup for those 5000 issues

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2013

I'm afraid "analytical purposes" doesn't really answer the question. Why do you have to export 50,000 issues to do this analysis? What's missing in Jira? The best question to look at is: what business questions are you trying to answer with this analysis?

You will not get access to an OnDemand database.

Actually i have 5000 issues in one project i want 5000 issues to download at a time,exporting 1000 issues one by one means its time consuming and some data is missing,by exporting 5000 means i can do my work at a time with that data

We are trying to do analytics with that data, there is no way to connect and there is no way to download the data more than 1000 records at a time, we do not want to be dependant on the team to backup everytime for us, so we need a better option asking how else can we do with ondemand

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2013

There is no need to keep repeating the question. Please read the answers you are given.

The only way to "export" large amounts of data is to download the backup in xml. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Backing+up+and+exporting+data

You would be far better off answering the question I keep asking you - WHY? What is the business question you need to answer?

Jim Gilbert December 26, 2013

Nic,

I too desire to export all issues in my on-demand database and I have over 3K issues. The business reason is that I want to perform more analysis than what on-demand provides. I am experimenting with calculating an estimated buffer based on the risk and estimate. I am charting estimation accuracy across multiple projects and excel is a very good tool to accomplish this. I chart various metrics so that I can see trends to determine where my team improve. This also allows me to factor data into reports and compare other teams within the organization that do not currently use on-demand but are gathering similar data.

Jim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2013

That doesn't need you to export absolutely every issue. If you create filters for large numbers of issues, you can extract the summary metrics and work with them.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2013

I have a Bamboo build that regularly retrieves issues and version information into a local database for more advanced reporting and charting in Confluence. While this usually is done as a delta, even doing it from scratch on smaller JIRA instances (mine is 2.5K) is just a few minutes.

Suggest an answer