Date format in issues doesn't apply to input

Patrick Thielen September 14, 2013

I changed the date format in Admin>System>Look and feel to "dd.MM.yy" which is more handy to enter manually (this format is widely used in Europe). I updated both Complete Date/Time Format and Day/Month/Year Format.

The output rendering works as expected but it is *not possible* to enter a date in this format (it still accept the usual 15/Sep/13 format). This makes the feature useless.

Did somebody try this feature on OnDemand with success ?

What could be wrong ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

hello Patrick Thielen

you also need to change the following as

jira.date.picker.java.format
This part is only for the Java (server side) generated dates. Note that this should correspond to the javascript date picker format (jira.date.picker.javascript.format) setting.
dd.MM.yy
jira.date.picker.javascript.format
This part is only for the JavaScript (client side) generated dates. Note that this should correspond to the java date picker format (jira.date.picker.java.format) setting.
in Admin>System>General Configuration>Advanced
%d.%m.%y
Patrick Thielen September 16, 2013

Thanks Jannu,

the problem is "on demand" users to have access to advanced settings page. You have to ask the support to do it for you.

Now they did and date input in desired format work in JIRA issues but not in Tempo worklogs. Do you know how to set the date format for Tempo ?

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2013

Hi Patrick,

I think for the Tempo questions you might want to ask it in their issue tracker, or alternatively add a tag in your question to include Tempo

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

Patrick, I'm not familiar how to set Dateformat in Tempo.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

hi Patrick,

if you are satisfied with the solution, accept as an answer that will benefit others.

Suggest an answer