Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use JavaScript in SoyTemplateRender

Tobias Hellmann August 29, 2013

Hello,

i want to integrate a javascript-file (via the <script scr="...."> </script> tag)

into a soy-template but i have no clue how to do this.

{namespace plugin.profile}

/**
 * @param user StashUser object which is in the context provided by ProfileServlet
 */
{template .profileTab}
<html>
<head>
    <meta name="decorator" content="stash.users.profile">
    <meta name="userSlug" content="{$user.slug}">
    <meta name="activeTab" content="profile-plugin-tab">
    <title>{$user.displayName} / Profile Tab</title>
    <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
<script scr=" the path to the javascript-file "></script>
</head> <body> Hello World
<button type="button" id="clickme">Click Me!</button> </html> {/template}
  • My js-file in (scr/main/resources)/js/jscode.js
$(function() {	
        alert('test');
	$("#clickme").click(function() {
	      alert('helloworld');
	});
});
  • My Java-Servlet de/neosit/stash/servlet/HtmlServlet.java :
private SoyTemplateRenderer soyTemplateRenderer;

@Override
    protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp) throws ServletException, IOException {

resp.setContentType("text/html;charset=UTF-8");

try {

render(resp, "plugin.profile.profileTab", map);
        } catch (Exception e) {

log.error("An error occurred in HtmlServlet.render(...) ", e);
        }
    }

private void render(HttpServletResponse resp, String templateName, Map&lt;String, Object&gt; data) throws Exception{

String arg1 = "de.neosit.stash.stash-all-commits:profile-soy";

soyTemplateRenderer.render(resp.getWriter(), arg1,templateName, data);
    }
  • My atlassian-plugin.xml :
&lt;servlet name="Html Servlet" i18n-name-key="html-servlet.name" key="html-servlet" class="de.neosit.stash.servlet.HtmlServlet"&gt;
    	&lt;description key="html-servlet.description"&gt;The Html Servlet Plugin&lt;/description&gt;
    	&lt;url-pattern&gt;/all-commits/*&lt;/url-pattern&gt;
  	&lt;/servlet&gt;

&lt;web-item key="profile-plugin-tab" name="Profile navigation tab" section="stash.user.profile.secondary.tabs" weight="20"&gt;
  		&lt;label key="profile.plugin.tab"&gt;My Plugin -1&lt;/label&gt;
    	&lt;link&gt;/plugins/servlet/all-commits/index&lt;/link&gt;
    	&lt;tooltip key="profile.plugin.tab.description"&gt;Hooray, we have a tab!&lt;/tooltip&gt;
	&lt;/web-item&gt;

&lt;stash-resource key="profile-soy" name="Profile Tab Soy Templates"&gt;
    	&lt;directory location="/templates/" /&gt;
	&lt;/stash-resource
  • ====================================

Thank you in advance,

Tobias

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2013

Hi Tobias,

You don't need to manually link to your <script> tag via the Soy. When you use the Atlassian decorators, we automagically insert all the required javascript files based on a number of 'contexts'.

In the case above, if you're using the 'stash.users.profile' decorator, that will be using the 'stash.layout.user.profile' context. If you add <context>stash.layout.user.profile</context> to your <stash-resource> in the atlassian-plugin.xml you _should_ find that your scripts are included.

Alternatively you can make your own context by injecting com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.WebResourceManager into your Servlet and then calling this before the soyTemplateRenderer.render() method.

webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext("plugin.my.context");

Does that help?

Charles

Tobias Hellmann September 1, 2013

Thank you for your fast answer and it helps a lot :)

I decided to put my javascript-code into the default /js/stash-all-commits.js file and use the '<context>stash.layout.user.profile</context>' tag in my atlassian-plugin.xml :

<stash-resource key="javascript-code" name="JavaScript-Code">
<directory location="/js/" />
<context>stash.layout.user.profile</context>

</stash-resource>

... but an error occurred :(

My JavaScript-file has been loaded but it cant use jQuery-commands because jQuery has been loaded after my stash-all-commits.js file.

the sourcecode of my "plugin-page" localhost:7990/stash/plugins/servlet/all-commits/index

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/stash/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e/de_DE-1988229788/be1a6cd/416/3.5.7/_/download/resources/com.atlassian.support.stp:stp-license-status-resources/stp-licenseStatus.css" media="all">

<script type="text/javascript" src="/stash/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e/de_DE-1988229788/be1a6cd/416/1.0-SNAPSHOT/_/download/resources/de.neosit.stash.stash-all-commits:javascript/stash-all-commits.js" >
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/stash/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e/de_DE-1988229788/be1a6cd/416/5.2-m5/_/download/resources/com.atlassian.auiplugin:jquery-lib/jquery.js" ></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/stash/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e/de_DE-1988229788/be1a6cd/416/5.2-m5/_/download/resources/com.atlassian.auiplugin:jquery-compatibility/jquery-compatibility.js" >
</script>

How can i fix it?

Thank you in advance,

Tobias

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2013

Hi Tobias,

You need to add a dependency so that our web manager can order the resources correctly. The follow global module contains most of the usual goodies like jQuery and Underscore:

<stash-resource key="..." >

<dependency>com.atlassian.stash.stash-web-plugin:global</dependency>

</stash-resource>

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Tobias Hellmann September 1, 2013

my plugins works now...

thanks charles :D

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events