JIRA Emails not getting sent

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Hi All

We are on jira5 and until last friday all jira notification emails were being sent to its users automatically. However since Friday notification emails are being stuck in the mail queue (not error queue).

Today morning i had to manually flush around 5K notification emails and all were sent in an hour or so. The problem is i see that emails are geting queued again in the mail queue and are not getting sent automatically. (they get sent if i manually flush them)

How can i fix this problem? What can be the possible root causes for this?

Rahul

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Is your mail queue service present and running? You could restart your JIRA so that it picks it up again.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2013

hi Timothy

restarting jira has solved the problem. but i have still not clear on the root cause of the problem? Any pointers? there is nothing in the logs.

Rahul

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2013

Could be the service that just died :)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2013

HI Timothy

i think that was the case. I restarted and it was all fine

Rahul

1 vote
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2013
What does your log file say about it? Any errors listed?
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2013

HI Randall nopes there is nothing in the logs....

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2013

Did someone increase the delay of the mail service? Or are there any error in the logs?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2013

HI Jobin

nopes, the delay on mail service is still 1 min. No errors in the logs. Any ideas on what could have triggered this?

PS: the issue was resolved after restart.

Rahul

0 votes
AKSHAY THAKARE September 19, 2018

Hi All,

I'm phasing the same issue.

I have created two rule using Jira automation add-ons. One is when an issue created send automated mail, it is working fine. Another is when a comment is added to issues when the request type is "Support" then send an automated mail to the selected groups and also some email id I have put there.

But the receiver doesn't receive any mail from JIRA. I also check the rule log where a rule is executed successfully. 

Then I searched email queue where I found that mails get stucks into the error queue.
when I resend all the emails from the queue again email get stucks.this is happens repeatedly. 

I'm confused about why emails are not sent for one rule, As configuration for both are same.

Any solution to this?

Suggest an answer