cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search no longer favours labels

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

I read this section of the release notes for 5.2 with dismay: "the search results no longer favours labels". This is going to make it much harder for me to optimise my page for specific search results.

For example, let's say I have a page about "blue_widgets". In my organisation. "blue_widgets" and "red_widgets" are two separate products, so they have separate wiki pages. But the products are related, so I have added "blue_widgets" as a label on the "red_widgets" page and vice versa.

Old result: a search for "blue_widgets" returns both pages, with the "red_widgets" page ranked below the "blue_widgets" page. That's the behaviour I expect. New result: the "red_widgets" page doesn't appear in the results at all.

My workaround is to add a heading using the related terms to the page itself. Something along the lines "red_widgets: see also blue_widgets". But that means editing dozens of pages which I have already optimised for the old search. Does anyone have a more elegant workaround? Or is there a page where I can vote for search to be reverted to the old functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013
RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Duplicate thread - please follow the link in Mick's post for discussion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events