Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine content of two different tables into one table?

TomTom August 5, 2013

Hi!

Is it possible to combine the content of two or more different tables across different spaces into one "Master" table? All the tables have the same columns/titles, what I want to do is to aggregate all the content on one overview page/table.

I am playing around with excerpts, the reporting plugin and the meta-data plugin for quite a while now, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Tom

6 answers

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2020

You can also try the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (it's available for Cloud, Server and Data Center instances).

At first you need to reuse your mini tables and "collect" them on the required page with the help of the Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros.

The second step is to merge your tables and create one master table. This task can be easily accomplished with the help of the Table Transformer macro. 

If you have the same colums/titles in your mini tables, you should choose the default merge tables preset and everything will be done automatically.

If you need to perform complex operations with your tables, you can use custom SQL queries to achieve even more.

0 votes
George Ivanov May 27, 2020

it looks that what you are asking can be achieved using the SQL-Powered Table Transformer macro. Add all your tables into the SQL-Powered Table Transformer macro container using Excerpt Include macro (for each). Then edit the SQL-Powered Table Transformer macro properties, click the SQL tab, then edit the SQL Query:

SELECT * FROM table_1 UNION SELECT * FROM table_2 ... UNION SELECT * FROM table_<n>

where n-is the number of your tables inserted.

This will combine all the tables in the output using the "SQL Query" editor

Apart from UNION you can do all other sort of things with the tables that SQL allows (MERGE, MINUS, etc, etc.)

0 votes
Marcin Mikołajczak October 7, 2013

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to combine 2 Page Properties macros or even 2 tables in 1 Page Properties macro to show them as 1 entry in a Page Properties Report.

Please comment and vote on CONF-30881

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

You could use the page properties and page properties report macros which you can think of as an excerpt-include macro for tables. The only caveat is that it won't work across pages in different spaces.

The Requirements Blueprint uses these macros so if you're on Confluence 5.1, can see how this work in the Requirments Blueprint.

Jeanette Wheeler August 6, 2013

Thx. Will give it a try. I am upgrading instance to Confluence 5.

I did look at page properties but wasn't sure if appropriate. On each page I have table with 6 fields, one of which is audio attachment. Pages with same identifier (could be another field or page property) are aggregated into one summary table. We used to do this via Scaffolding & Reporting plugins but felt it should be possible within Confluence.

TomTom August 26, 2013

Thanks for the answers so far!

Unfortunately, we are still on Confluence 4.

Is there any other solution that does not require the Scaffolding plugin and does work across different spaces?

0 votes

I have same problem so interested in solution that does not require scaffolding plugin.

0 votes

I have same problem so interested in solution that does not require scaffolding plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events