Gliffy for Confluence doesn't find any diagrams any more

Lutz Hoeger July 29, 2013

Hi,

I just noted that a gliffy diagram I created minutes ago didn't show up as recent diagram. Neither could it be found via search. It shows properly on the confluence page, and is attached properly to the page, too. Other diagrams were shown in search and recent.

So I thought re-indexing would be a good idea. But after re-indexing our Confluence instance, absolutely no diagrams were found any more. Neither in recent nor in search. They all still exist embedded into the pages and as attachments. But Gliffy doesn't know about them any more.

How can I get my diagrams back into the gliffy diagram picker again?

Thanks,

Lutz.

11 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Hi All,

The problem is caused by an incompatibility between the new Confluence OnDemand release and the Gliffy plugin. We have submitted a new plugin to Atlassian to resolve this problem, we are waiting for them to complete their QA processes after which we will be able to give an approximate release date for the fix. Terribly sorry about this inconvenience.

Thank you,

Keith Rockhold
Developer
keith@gliffy.com

Gliffy Inc.
PO Box 7775 #35255
San Francisco, CA, 94120-7775

877-2-Gliffy (877-245-4339)

1 vote
Jonny Dolittle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 4, 2016

Lots of problem with Glify, lost work few times. Keep getting error not found after changes and trying to save. Not a very helpful error

Gliffy November 7, 2016

Hi Jonny,

Please submit a support ticket by emailing support@gliffy.com if you are experiencing errors. Please include your Confluence and Gliffy Plugin versions and any steps to reproduce the problem. A support zip is also helpful: http://support.gliffy.com/hc/en-us/articles/217895278-How-To-Turn-On-Detailed-Logging-for-Gliffy-Diagrams-In-Confluence

Thanks,

Katy

support@gliffy.com

1 vote
Gliffy August 29, 2013

Hi,

This issue will be fixed when Atlassian releases the new version of Gliffy for OnDemand, which they have tentatively scheduled for Sept. 9.

Thanks,

Katy

Gliffy Support

Lutz Hoeger September 3, 2013

Hi Gliffy and Atlassian teams,

Thanks for providing the first part of the fix. I can find at least two diagrams I created a few days ago. I await the final fix on Sep 9 to see if it also shows all my recent diagrams, and if it finds all the other diagrams on our instance again.

Thanks,

Lutz.

Lutz Hoeger September 23, 2013

Sorry for not confirming any earlier. The issue has been resolved. All diagrams are back. Thank you.

1 vote
Eric Chiang August 12, 2013

Hi All,

We submitted an update request to Atlassian yesterday to install the latest version of Gliffy v5.4.2 into OnDemand to resolve this issue.

You should see this happen sometime this week.

Thanks,

Eric

Product Lead, Plugins

Lutz Hoeger August 19, 2013

Dear Gliff Team, dear Atlassian Team,

Thanks for your previous activity on this issue. Still, the solution doesn't seem to be available to OnDemand users. Any estimate on when this will happen?

Upon availability, will we receive any specific instructions, eg. to perform a re-index or whatever may be necessary to make our previous diagrams show up in Gliffy again?

Thanks,

Lutz.

1 vote
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

Hi All,

I am afraid I do not have an update right now. I do, however, expect some movement tomorrow and will post again then. Sorry about these delays.

Thank you,

Keith Rockhold
Developer
keith@gliffy.com

Gliffy Inc.
PO Box 7775 #35255
San Francisco, CA, 94120-7775

877-2-Gliffy (877-245-4339)

René Mulder August 28, 2013

Dear Keith,

Any update on this? We are still experiencing this issue.

Kind regards,

René

0 votes
Alex Edelstein March 16, 2014

This just happened to me. Infuriating.

0 votes
KatyK
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

Hi Alex,

Please see this troubleshooting article: http://support.gliffy.com/entries/23100229-No-Gliffy-Diagrams-shown-or-can-be-searched

If that does not resolve your issue, please do a re-index in Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+Scratch

If that still does not resolve your issue, please send a request to support@gliffy.comand include your Confluence + Gliffy versions.

Thanks,

Gliffy Support

0 votes
Tracy McGrath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2013

Hello All - Any new information on this issue? Thanks.

0 votes
Jani Huttunen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 8, 2013

Hi,

We are too facing exactly the same problem and it's causing a lot of headache! Waiting eagerly update regarding the matter!

BR,

Jani

0 votes
Vladimir Beliavski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 31, 2013

Hi, any news on this? I'm having the same problem!

Lutz Hoeger July 31, 2013

Hi Vladimir,

The Gliffy support team requested further info via email. Their work hours are PST, so I don't expect to hear from them within the next few hours.

I'll update tghis thread as soon as I have this resolved.

Cheers, Lutz.

Lutz Hoeger August 7, 2013

Still not resolved, but answered by Gliffy staff. Awaiting Atlassian's next update of Confluence OnDemand to hopefully fix this.

0 votes
KatyK
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2013
Hi Lutz, Please send a request to Gliffy Support (support@gliffy.com) and please include your Confluence and Gliffy version along with a description of the issue and we can help resolve it. Thanks! Katy Gliffy Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events