Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password complexity within Confluence

Frank Fojkis November 6, 2011

Hi,

Is there a possiblity to set a password complexity within Confluence 3.5.13 like

- Password length: min. 8 characters
- Not allowed special characters: $, ' (apostrophe), blank
- User ID or users' full name not allowed as part of the password
- Password must consist of 3 of the 4 character groups:
-> capitals ( A to Z )
-> lower case ( a to z )
-> numerical numbers ( 0 to 9 )
-> special characters ( ! . , ' : ? + - | @ ( ) _ / ~ ` # )
- Account locked after 5 times wrong login
- Do not use one of your last 5 used passwords
- Passwords are valid for 60 days

3 answers

3 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2011

There is nothing like this in confluence. Integrate with your corporate LDAP and let that handle these requirements.

0 votes
Frank Fojkis December 15, 2011

thanks. We have an AD integration, but we have some users which does not below to our domain, therefore I need to have something different.

I just got an information about this and found on security manamgent plugin for confluence, which I need to test. http://www.adaptavist.com/display/plugins/User+Security+Management

I will keep you posted once I have tested it. But sounds like that one which we need

0 votes
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2011

Does anyone have any information on this? We are currently running into an issues where the regex in Confluence does not match the regex in CROWD causing password reset issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events