Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User and content statistics/metrics of Confluence activity

Nuno Dias November 5, 2011

Hello all, we are evaluating Confleunce for a fetature solutiona as Wiki. After some time playing with Confluence and browsing the videos, I'm yet to discover where to find basic user and content metrics that allow to evaluate the way people are using Confluence.

In concrete, how can one measure such things as:

1. user activity (pick one user and see what is been doing)
  2. top pages viewed (on a space or all of conluence - by month and year)
  3. top contribuitors (persons that have created or edited more pages - by month or year)
  4. number of pages created (by month and year)
  5. top rated pages (by month and year)

Best regards

7 answers

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2011

The Google Analytics Reporting Plugin for Confluence can help with some of these points. Other parts may be rolled into the product in the future.

Do you currently use web analytics? Which one? If so with a little customisation, your analytics software may support some or all of points 1-4

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2011

Site Statistics has some of this and some other pointers. I think there was one or more related questions answered that had other pointer to plugins, etc... Search answers doesn't seem to find them :(.

0 votes
Aleksandr Paren December 14, 2019
0 votes
Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2017

Hi all, we want to help solve content delivery and completion tracking in Confluence, so we built an add-on called Knowledge Pathways for Confluence (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.servicerocket.confluence.pathways/server/overview).

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.48.42 AM.png

There's a common need to see what pages are viewed (popularity) but we also value the needs of ensuring the right page is viewed by the right people (and be able to track them). I'd recommend to give it a try.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2012
Yet another plugin for anonymously tracking hits: Customware Tracking Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/269)
0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
May 29, 2012

Repeating this answer :) ...

You could try the Confluence User Engagement plugin by AppFusions.

It tracks:

• Create, read, update and delete (CRUD) events are captured for all content types
  • Supported content types: Spaces, pages, blogposts, attachments, comments
  • For each event additional data is linking the content to the space in which it belongs and the user performing the event

Additionally, user logins and search terms are tracked.

More details here:
https://www.appfusions.com/display/CONFENGAGE/Documentation

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2011

You could also try the Confluence Usage Tracking Plugin

Nuno Dias November 6, 2011

Joseph, I already looked into Clonfluence Usage tracking Plugin on our on-demand installaton, but the plugin is disabled (and not recomended) and as far as I can see on the plugin exchange page, Confluence 4 is not supported: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/271

I'm going to evaluate the other sugestions. Thanks :)

Rumceisz May 24, 2012

Hi Joseph,

is this plugin able to show the number of page visitors for each page in a space? A project admin user of mine would need such a solution: he needs to see which are the most popular pages in his space in order to focus to developing that pages.

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2012

I don't think that's possible with the plugin - it is restricted to statistics gathering at the space level.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events