cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment project for Plan Branch in Bamboo 5

Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Is there any way to associate a Deployment Project to Feature Branches?

The Build Plan is setup to check out code fron 'trunk' and we have enabled Plan Branches. We would like to be able to select the branch we want to deploy at the moment we run the Deployment Project associated to the Build Plan.

3 answers

2 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi mate,

There is no way to do this right now but we are working on it. Please watch and vote for this issue.

Thanks

James Dumay
Product Manager

1 vote
Kirsty Pollock October 29, 2013

Is this in OnDemand? The screens shown in the docs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Deployments+from+branches) don't match what I see when I try to configure deployment triggers. I have no branch options.

Even were they there, it looks like I would have to pick a particular branch ...

What I want to do is automatically run the SAME deployment on the successful build of ANY plan branch (or, indeed default). The branch name is one of my parameters to the scripts in my deployment process. We are using feature branches so there are lots of short-lived branches (named after their JIRA issues).

Is this possible?

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2013

Good news! This feature is shipping in Bamboo 5.2 (due in around a week!)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events