Few Exceptions while bringing up JIRA 5.2.10

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

1.2013-07-08 02:27:47,604 Spring executor 9 ERROR [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Expecting state (resolving-dependencies) not (dependencies-resolved) for context [NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.support.stp, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)]; assuming an interruption and bailing out

2.2013-07-08 06:11:44,589 http-6081-1 ERROR wb277337 371x856x1 1p04dt 10.191.245.48 /rest/gadget/1.0/issueTable/jql [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service
com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearchUnavailableException: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: com.atlassian.jira.util.RuntimeIOException: org.apache.lucene.store.NoSuchDirectoryException: directory '/xxx/jira5/jirahome/caches/indexes/issues' does not exist

Could you please let me the cause for these exceptions

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2013

Looks like your index is broken.

Try running a full re-index, after checking that the directory you've told it to use is fully read/write for the user that you are running Jira as.

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2013

Hi Mehala,

You might want to delete the 'caches' folder, then restarting your instance and running a full re-index of your JIRA instance. This would re-create the indexes (as well as the folders involved with it) of your instance.

0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Thanks Joe.It works good now.I ran Re-Index by Lock JIRA option.

BTW, I tried this 4.2 to 5.2 upgrade with empty database(without my 4.2 version Database data).There was 2 Mail options 1.Incoming 2.Outgoing.But After did inplace upgrade (connecting to database which has 4.2 data) I see only Incoming mail option.Could you please clarify me on this?

0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Thank you.

There are 2 option I see for reindexing

1.BackGround Reindex

2.Lock JIRA and rebuild index

Can you please explain about these 2 types and which should I choose to perfomr re-index ?

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2013

Hi Mehala,

For background re-index, the re-index is, well, performed in the background, and you'll still be able to use your JIRA as usual. Some functionalities that require the use of the indexes might be affected, though

On the other hand, if you lock JIRA and rebuild the index, it will make all of your users unable to access JIRA, while it rebuilds your index. This method will require some downtime to be scheduled, but it might be finished faster compared with the background re-index.

Suggest an answer