Log Work modal missing custom fields

Oliver Brennan July 4, 2013

I recently upgraded to Jira6 downloaded and under the 'More' dropdown is a second 'Log Work' screen.

The first one has my custom attributes whereas the second one is missing these custom attributes. This means my Jira users can now long time without having these mandatory custom attributes.

I have attached three images. One of the doubled up log work links. One with my custom attributes which is what i expect and one without.

Would be really good to just have the one and show the correct custom attributes or be able to turn off the incorrect one.

9 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

Hi Oliver ,

users who are using worklog attributes and the validation settings in Tempo Timesheets sometimes wish to disable the log work module in JIRA to force the usage of the Tempo validation.

(warning) Please note that it is not currently possible to disable the log work module in the OnDemand environment.

To disable the JIRA log work module do the following:

1. Log in as a JIRA administrator and select
  2. Administration —> Plugins —>Manage Add-ons
  3. Select System from the add-on filter list
  4. Expand the modules in Issue Operation Plugin
  5. Disable the View Issue Ops Bar Work Link module

With this module disabled, the Log Work item in the Issue Action list is not displayed.
The “plus” icon in the Time Tracking field opens the Tempo log work dialog.

Please note that users can log work in the log work field in any JIRA screen used in workflow transactions if that is used.

To disable the JIRA Work Log Tab Panel module, do the following:

1. Log in as a JIRA administrator and select
  2. Administration —> Plugins —>Manage Add-ons
  3. Select System from the add-on filter list
  4. Expand the modules in Issue Tab Panels Plugin
  5. Disable the Work Log Tab Panel module

With this module disabled, users cannot edit a worklog to a date that is within a closed period.

Time tracking can still be done in some other time tracking plugins, so please comment on the issue below to be able to make the Tempo ‘Log Work dialog’ as a default in JIRA.

Please see: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-23935

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013
0 votes
Adrien Naudet July 28, 2013

Hello, Thx for the tips to disable Jira work log link in a task. But I have antoher question related to this topic :

- Is it possible To have Tempo log screen instead of Jira log screen in a workflow transition View ?

Because I did what you said, and I have only Tempo when I want log time in a task. But when I want to log time during a workflow transition, it is Jira log screen that is displayed, without my Tempo custom fields.

Can anyone help me on this issue please ?

Best Regards,

Adrien

0 votes
Oliver Brennan July 9, 2013

Thanks Susanne,

Sorry you said that in the first message. Somehow I missed.

Thanks for the help! All sorted now :-)

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Hi Oliver,

In step 3, to choose System, open the dropdown ( there is only one, next to the "Filter visible add ons", it could be labellded User-installed). There you get a list of Add-ons including Issue Operation Plugin and Issue Tab Panels Plugin.

Rgds, Susanne

0 votes
Oliver Brennan July 7, 2013

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for that! Question though, but do you know where this is located in Jira6? I have been looking but cannot find the system add ons anywhere?

Thanks for the help!

0 votes

0 votes

0 votes

Showing the double entry

Suggest an answer