Greenhopper simplified workflow and transition screens

Philip Winston June 20, 2013

On a test project I created a "GH simplified workflow" and I notice it says "This workflow is managed internally by GreenHopper. Do not manually modify this workflow" if you try to edit. Does this imply if you want any screens to pop up during transitions, you can't use the simplified workflow?

We want a Kanban board for PM with several statuses just for organization. These I'd like to allow transitions from any to many, with no screens or something. But then in the same project we have a Scrum board with some normal states like Resolved, Closed, Reponened. For these I'd kind of like the screens to popup for comments or time tracking or resolution.

Is this possible? Or should we consider having two totally separate projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2013

Even if you are using GreenHopper simplified workflow, you can still edit the workflow from the administration section.

Philip Winston June 21, 2013

But it says "This workflow is managed internally by GreenHopper. Do not manually modify this workflow" do you just ignore that warning, and everything works out okay? Seems a little iffy, like some future upgrade might below away your changes.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2013

Yeah, it is to prevent any unwanted changes to the workflow which can prevent the whole concept of simplified workflow. Like, if the global transitions are removed and individual transitions are added, it is no more a simplified workflow. So that warning is to prevent such changes.

Like Timothy said, you can still go ahead and change the screens associated with transitions.

Suggest an answer