Is there a possibility to allow "manage watchers" for users although there are not (space) administrators?

Heering Ligthart October 27, 2011

In the documentation the option "manage watchers" requires (space) adminstration for a user.

But we want to permit "manage watchers" for a larger group of users, without making them (space) administrators. Is there a possibility?

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2011

Hey Herring,

There is no way to do this. I don't think this is something we would consider being core to Confuence. Maybe an opporuntity for plugin developers to extend the product...

Jesse Katz August 24, 2017

@Sherif Mansour, Hi! I've always found it weird that the JIRA permissions are so granular but Confluence permissions are not. There are multiple permissions in Confluence I'd think I would be able to set.

2 votes
Tim Stone February 11, 2015

We had the same question.

For example, If you comment on a space, you have no idea who is receiving the comment.  What ends up happening, folks re-address users in the comment section and people end up receiving multiple copies. Whats the downside of have an option that allows organizations to show the watch list? Or maybe they already can?

0 votes
Alex Chan July 15, 2020

How is this marked as "solved" when there are no answers...

0 votes
John Harmon August 24, 2016

You can do this in Jira, why not Confluence?

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

How about this feature? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40582 Please vote!

0 votes
Matthew Hutton October 13, 2015

Adding a group to a watch list is covered by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20118.

I agree though that adding permissions to manage watchers should be a permission to can assign to a group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events