Upgrade to version 6.2.2 failed, what to do?

Hector Nevarez June 3, 2013

Greenhopper broke after Upgreade to V.6.2.2.

Im getting this message: GreenHopper is currently unavailable. This might be because an upgrade task has failed to run or has not not yet completed. Please contact your system administrator if you continue to see this message.

I cheched the catalina.out log but I dont see anything helpful, any ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Hi there,

This problem is possibly related to this KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/GreenHopper+Upgrade+Fails+with+a+NullPointerException

Could you please verify if this is the case and check if this helps?

Regards

Pietro Schaff

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2013

I believe there should be something in the atlassian-greenhopper.log if the upgrade task is failed. Otherwise, you can try to perform a re-index to see if it helps.

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

I would suggest dropping an issue to support.atlassian.com and support can help you out.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2013

Yes, this would allow us to look into the logs and understand what is the issue. At times, it may be because of couple of reasons such as:

1. License issues
  2. Upgrading task failed (somehow)
  3. You are installing GH 6.2.2 on JIRA 5.1.x and below
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Try restarting. Any pending tasks will hopefully run then!

Suggest an answer