Where are the translations stored for workflow properties?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2011

When adding a new state and transitions, where are the displayed strings stored? I created a new state and status named integration and new transistions. I know I need to add the jira.i18n.title and jira.i18n.submit workflow properties but where do I define the i18n keys so it knows what to display?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2012

Hi Norman,

We're looping back through all the open questions for our top contributors, having missed them the first time around! This one's old, dating back (almost!) a year, but I'm going to take a crack at it, for posterity. I think I understand this one, but let me know (assuming you still care!) if I'm off track. I have a feeling I might be missing what you were after...

The value will be stored in the database, after you define it for the workflow (specific part of the doc is here). That is, the key is jira.18n.title, and the value is the, in your case, 'integration'. The jira.i18n.submit property's value will replace the text of the 'Submit' button, to whatever corresponding text you choose. Because these properties correspond to a workflow transition, they're unique to that transition, meaning you could do the same or something different on other transitions.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

First, thank you for thinking I am one of the top contributors. I think other people deserve that compliment more. I was also wondering why my accept rate dropped. I was looking for a way for translating the transitions into another language. You have these properties that somehow represent the disply value as well as the key to find the display values. I could not find a way to change the language other than creating a separate workflow. I found some sort of language bundle, but I could not determine what to add to the file to get transitions to display in a different language.

I am still curious where in the database (ie tables) the transitions and steps are defined which is actually a different question.

Like Evgen Garbuz likes this
0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

hi Norman,

I'm having the same issue as you: I'm building a multi-lingual workflow (or better "trying to") where people in different countries (and languages) need to use the same workflow. I'm also looking for a way to translate the transition names in to various languages.

I found out that all workflows are stored in the jiraworkflows table. They are XML files with the transition names coded into them.

I think the only solution for now is to copy the workflow and manually translate the transition names.

Suggest an answer