Trouble implementing a Transition Date/Time field

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Using JIRA Misc Custom Fields I am trying to implement a "Transition Date/Time Field" but it is not getting a value.

Any ideas? Here is what is in the field's description:

This field represents the date and time of the Resolution of this issue.

<!-- @TransitionId: 711 , 831 , 921 -->

<!-- @Execution: first -->

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2013

Ooops! I think I found your issue: you need to remove the spaces between the transition IDs. This is clearly a bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Sorry about that.

David.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Yes, that did it.

Note that the spaces came from the documentation. The tyrany of copy and paste.

;-)

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2013

Yeah, I know. I've modified the documentation - and the code :)

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

No problem. Just glad it works now.

0 votes
Ryan Gleim July 25, 2013

David... I can't this thing

Ryan Gleim July 25, 2013

Stupid computer... I meant to say I can't get this thing to work at all on my system, I've gone through all the documentation, examples, and answers.... nothing is producing anything on my screens. I put this in the description:

<!-- @TransitionId: 741 -->

0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

I don't see a way to put a screen shot in here directly, but here is a link to it:

http://screencast.com/t/n9ewq860v

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

No problem here.

You must then check your Jira logs for errors (look for "innovalog").

For your tests, you don't need to re-index, you can just view an issue as it will recompute its calculated fields (instead of using the indexed value).

And you must make sure the Transition History tab displays the transition you're looking for.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

David,

Thanks for your help. Here are your answers:

"Also, did you think of re-indexing after creating the custom field?"

>> Yes

"Finally, do you see the transitions in the transition history of your issues?"

>> Here is the transition:

http://screencast.com/t/ilPyz1Mkkkk

Here is a query showing no value in the field:

http://screencast.com/t/uZmcjcJnJhg

" any error in the Jira logs. "

>> I don't have direct access to the logs. Tell me which ones you want to see and I will request them.

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

Please look at the "view" screen of the issue, not through the issue navigator.

As for the logs, I'm referring to the standard atlassian-jira.log file

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

Ok I will add the field to a screen. But I do need to find it with a query.

I'll get the logs.

All that said, I will probably implement what I need another way.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

The log has several lines like this suggesting there is a problem with the transition ID.

2013-05-29 11:32:12,783 http-bio-8443-exec-6007 WARN brendan 692x612946x1 1f71rqb 172.17.4.82 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [innovalog.jmcf.fields.AbstractTransitionSearchField] com.innovalog.jmcf.fields.ActionExecutionTimeField: invalid transition ID in custom field description

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

George,

you should add the addon-com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fiel tag to your question, since this is the official tag for the JMWE plugin.

Anyway, you need to provide more information, such as any error in the Jira logs. Also, did you think of re-indexing after creating the custom field? Can you post a screenshot of the field configuration (the field description)?

Finally, do you see the transitions in the transition history of your issues?

David.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

I'll get a screen shot, but the material in the original post was a copy/paste of the description field.

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

I just want to make sure you put it in the description of the field and not the field configuration, as it is a very common mistake (facilitated by a crappy user interface for Jira field configurations)

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2013

Hey there, George.

You can also address the issue that you have directly to the plugin vendor to see whether they are able to provide more assistance to you on this matter.

1. Name: Innovalog
  2. Homepage: http://www.innovalog.com/
  3. Email: atlassian@innovalog.com
  4. Phone: +33 9 79 94 13 32

Good luck and all the best!

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events