How do I combine the activity stream for jira, confluence, fisheye etc?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2011

Morning,

I would like to show a combined activity stream in jira, which shows jira project activity, confluence space activity, and fe/cru review and changelists, à la jira studio.

I have set up trusted applications between the 3.

The jira project in question has reciprocal app links between the corresponding confluence space, and fisheye project etc.

Yet try as I might when I go to the jira browse project page I only ever see activity for the jira project. Furthermore, using Fiddler, I don't even see any attempt to make a request from confluence.

I thought this was entirely the point of application links, if this doesn't work what are they for?

I'm using jira 4.2.4, confluence 3.5.7.

cheers, jamie

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2011

Ok, found out :)

So bottom line is, as of today, you can't combine them. The new activity streams though is coming.

Apparently June release of studio will be first to get it so assuming it is already there actually :)

Then JIRA 4.4, followed by the other products within a few months

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Thanks Colin. If Atlassian is listening this really blows. Internally the Atlassian stack may go up against Github FI, and it's not going to look good at all imho.

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Check out the Summit video though, it looks pretty powerful IMHO. It may be a little delayed compared to competition but I think it'll be a pretty need feature when available across the stack. And really, only a few months out

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Jamie, have a read of this forum post I posted a year or so ago. I think there was a few 'tips' on there. Not sure if valid anymore though

http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257322544&#257322544

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Looks like Atlassian might want to include this JIRA ticket in their 4.4 release

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-19667

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

I think the activity stream plugin provides this view?

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

I think that link is to the old Activity stream they had in there before they reworked the trusted app layer etc.. with Applinks.

I'd like to know the result of this though as I used to love the combined stream.

Have you watched the 2011 Summit video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEmrNZRak9U

Note, I haven't yet :(

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Indeed, but, isn't this installed by default? If not do you know where it can be downloaded from?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

No, I haven't looked at that yet. The docs relating to trusted apps and app links is all over the place and self-contradicting. And yes, I think you're right, that activity stream plugin link is out of date which is why the plugin is not on PAC.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Actually, I haven't used it myself. But never thought it doesn't support what is most expected out of it! That seems to me a well defined functionality for that plugin.

Btw, it is deployed by default.

Suggest an answer