How to manage transition of support issues to the product backlog in JIRA

Jeannette Lamb May 15, 2013

I'm looking for ideas on how to improve this workflow. Currently we have a "support" project and a "product" project. Issues from users are submitted to the support project where we are also using the VertygoSLA plugin to track and report metrics. When an issue is to be accepted for entry into the product backlog for a future release, we Resolve it in the support project with a Resolution of "Entered into Product Backlog". We then Clone the issue and move it to the product project where it can be reviewed during release and sprint planning.

This works fine but the process of Cloning seems like double work and the comments don't come with it. Also, it gets assigned a support project key then we have to Move it to the product project.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Jeannette

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeannette Lamb May 15, 2013

actually, it looks like I can use an existing plugin, Script Runner, as a post-function in my workflow to automatically clone the issue based on some condition. I'm not sure if I am using the correct syntax though.

condition - issue.resolution.name = 'Entered into Product Backlog'

The condition tester shows me the result = true but it still doesn't work.

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

I think this is ok: issue.resolution?.name = 'Entered into Product Backlog'

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

You could have a look at the following plugin. Using the plugin you don't have to manually clone an issue. You can create an new issue automatically based on your workflow:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cot

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer