cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting randomly changing in Confluence

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Myself and a few other users are experiencing weird formatting changes on a few pages, is anyone else having such experiences?

One of the problems involved a colleague adding some text using the paragraph formatting (he didn't actually use it, he just started typing) and then a space, then a hyphen, then another space.

When he did this, the cursor jumped back up the page and the line that he'd added the hyphen to then became a bullet. The hyphen and space disapppeared at the same time.

This isn't happen on all pages, only a few and in different spaces.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of weirdness? Could this be something to do with our upgrade to 4.3.7 a few months ago?

Cheers.

1 answer

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2013

Hi,

This sounds like an issue that could be related to the browser cache. You may want to try emptying it, since some CSS and javascript may have been cached from previous versions. If you have not done so already, I suggest opening a support ticket with the page content attached at http://support.atlassian.com so that we can investigate if the issue is by any chance content-related.

Cheers,

Peter

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

Peter,

I've done that so we'll have to wait and see what happens as this is random.

In the meantime a colleague has had a similar problem with extra HTML being added when he was using Shift+Return. Each line he created had something like the following added: <span style="font-size: 10.0pt;line-height: 13.0pt;">some text</span>

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events