Content Survey and Reporting Plugin documentation

Gio Sulfaro May 14, 2013

Are you able to provide a direct link to documentation for this plugin "Content Survey and Reporting Plugin" AKA: Confluence KB Survey Plugin?

I followed the link provided on the plugin page but it took my to a bitbucket page for the plugin with no real doco that i could find. Just trying to find some documenttion on the reporting side of the plugin so i can get some meaninful reports to bring back to the business on our Confluence install to justify the cost and time associated with it.

Cheers

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

Hallo Gio

In addition to the excellent information from Alex, there is some introductory documentation for the KB Survey Plugin in step 8 on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Creating+Your+Knowledge+Base+Space#CreatingYourKnowledgeBaseSpace-Step8.SetupAtlassian%27sContentSurveyandReportingadd-on

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Sarah

1 vote
Gio Sulfaro May 19, 2013

Thanks Alex/Sarah the links provided have helped. :)

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Hi Gio.

In answer to your coment, what the Confluence KB Survey Plugin does is to add a little survey (using a macro) in a Confluence page and store the results so you can measure the quality of an article acording to your users opinion. It can also gather information from the origin of the reader (using the utm_* fields on the URL) so you can also see the results depending on the origin of the users.

To get stats on the things you need, you may find these links useful:

There are as well some third party plugins which can help you generate reports:

• CustomWare Reporting Plugin
  • SQL Plugin. This plugin in combination with the chart macro can help you generate your own reports directly form the database. It requires knowledge of SQL and Confluence DB schema.

I hope this helps you to find the best way to gather all the information you need.

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

Hi Gio.

I am currently manintaining that plugin and you are right, there is currently no documentation. I have created a task to write it. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions I am happy to answer them.

Gio Sulfaro May 15, 2013

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the prompt response.

We have recently made Confluence our Central KB within our company. We would like to place KPIs around Confluence to encourage our engineers to actively update it and to also report back to the business on the uptake to justify the expense and show a ROI.

To do this we need to be able to report back on the usage of Confluence.

I need to be able to collect:

• How many people accessed confluence of a given month
  • Who contributed to Confluence over the month
  • How many pages and spaces were updated oner the month
  • Pick a group of users and view their activity over a period.

Are these possible using this plugin?

The Global Activity report provided does have some interesting information but unfortunately the x-axis does not show any meaningful data it’s all "..." as the data cannot fit on the screen so i cannot read the graph.

Regards

Gio

Pankaj kumar June 22, 2018

Hi Gio,

Did you able to find the answers for below points which you raised : 

• How many people accessed confluence of a given month
  • Who contributed to Confluence over the month
  • How many pages and spaces were updated one the month
  • Pick a group of users and view their activity over a period.

I am looking for same results which i want to use for better utilization of resources and better tracking purpose.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events